The Mitre 10 Garden Club is exactly as it sounds. It’s a Club that customers can join to receive exclusive gardening benefits, advice and inspiration.
Transformational results for the Mitre 10 Garden Club have been delivered through the execution of sound strategy, delivered with decisive marketing leadership. In the highly competitive NZ home improvement market, the results achieved are nothing short of spectacular (and well ahead of targets). In the past 12 months:
- The Garden Club has transitioned from an unprofitable local store only activity returning $0.40 for every $1.00 invested to a current national activity with a healthy annualised ROI
- Preference of members for Mitre 10 as their ‘preferred home improvement brand’ is now twice that of non-Club members
- Unique open rates for emails are almost 80% higher than the NZ retail industry average
- Click-through rates from opened emails are 560% higher than the NZ retail industry average
- The annualised value of members has improved by over 60% (while non-members’ value remained static)
- The personalised variation in email content has increased from around a dozen to just shy of 4,000 (while cost per email opened dropped by over 60% and processes have been established to ensure that the Garden Club is already capable of operating beyond just emails in a future Omni-channel environment).
The Garden Club is now an established and profitable branded property that has successfully engaged with customers in a highly relevant and personalised way, delivering increased brand preference and member value.