Mark Thompson’s proven track record in leading the development, implementation and ongoing management of profitable multi-channel customer relationship marketing programmes has helped organisations to be strategically customer focused and embrace advanced data-driven marketing techniques.
With 15 plus years as a marketing professional, spanning telcos, utilities, financial and insurance companies and as a business consultant at Datamine, Mark has most recently brought his wealth of experience to Mitre 10’s customer experience strategy and implementation. For the past two years, Mark has led Mitre 10’s marketing insights (qualitative and quantitative), customer engagement programmes and measured execution of customer experience.
Mark’s unwavering commitment to customers and his strong marketing leadership drive transformational results for Mitre 10. In the highly competitive ‘home improvement’ retail category through the execution of sound strategy the results achieved are nothing short of spectacular (and well ahead of his targets). Mark has built a loyal following of Home Improvement and Gardening enthusiasts who now view Mitre 10 as their source of inspiration, information and the right equipment to achieve their weekend warrior dreams.
More compelling is Mark’s passion for the value the Mitre 10 brand should be delivering for its customers. His role as Customer Experience and Marketing Insights Manager places him at the pointy end of data, insights and customer led communications. Mark’s determination to drive relevance has led him to push the boundaries of email communications. He has used Mitre 10’s data in more creative ways pushing their email channel up by 650%, with a massive increase in the number of variations. A truly personalised inbox experience.
In summary, Mark has:
- Created single view of customer for Mitre 10
- Translated qualitative and quantitative research into actionable insights that are driving multiple initiatives beyond just marketing
- Launched cross-company, storewide CX index in mid-August 2015 which had already delivered a 6.6% increase by end Sept 2015 (while results had remained static in the prior 12 months)
- Secured DWR accreditation (from MA) for Mitre 10
- Strategically reviewed, launched and managed both Mitre 10 Garden Club and Home Improvement Club
Additionally, Mark is the course content creator and educator for the MA’s new Data Analytics for Marketers course and winner of the TVNZ 2015 Marketing Leadership award.