Friends For Life is Animates and The Vetcare Groups loyalty offer, it launched in 1995 when Animates first opened in Christchurch. Animates wanted to revitalise the programme to increase customer engagement and provide further opportunities to reward our loyal customer base.
Animates faced a number of challenges:
- Revitalisation of Friends For Life to reward their loyal customers and work across the Vetcare offer.
- A legacy customer base and the addition of Vet clinics with individual customer databases
- Programme costs needed to reduce to align with market averages
The major problem was a legacy database of 600k Animates customers to be combined with newly acquired 46,000 combined Vet client database split across eight different systems.
The need for a single customer view to provide their customers with a personalised communication experience was obvious.
The programme offer had a significant change, introducing a VIP level that earned at a higher level and offers over and above the normal customer.
The management of rewards were moved to the responsibility of the customer; they now had the option to collect more points and earn a greater return in rewards:
- Tiered earning
- Introduction of bonus points and points specials changed the way customers could earn
- Reward vouchers now came in $5, $10, $25,$50,$100 denominations
- Reward the most loyal customers (top 30%) more than the average shopper
- Reduce the cost of the programme
· Increase customer spend with the motivation of a higher reward level
· Set the groundwork for the future move to highly personalised communications
- Reduce the cost of the programme in the first year of running post national launch
- Transfer 70% of the active customer base to the new loyalty platform in the first month of national launch
Result: Success against all measures.