Progressive Enterprises needed to consolidate three legacy websites to support the newly-rebranded chain of Countdown supermarkets and bring these together in a new website, providing a platform for one-to-one customer engagement and supporting future digital activity.
- Integration of the legacy Countdown.co.nz, myOnecard.co.nz and mySpecials.co.nz websites.
- Creation of a new interactive online mailer, with over 50 relevant specials selected for each of 1.5 million customers
- Enhancement of the data relevancy process behind the mySpecials programme to support the new mailer, increasing capacity to produce 1.5 million online mailers with over 50 specials selected for each customer
- Development of a new data feed with full product range for over 160 stores
- A new shopping list function, supporting online and in-store shoppers, including a folding printed list designed to fold and fit in your pocket
- A new product search engine to allow searching of the product range, using purchasing history to help sort and prioritise search results, and fitting seamlessly alongside the existing site content search
- A full creative redesign of the website
All of this needed to be rolled out without significant disruption to the live, functioning website and all development was squeezed to be implemented well before the busy Christmas retail period.